eCompletion adds smart auto completion to the squeak
system and the seaside web framework. Inspired by the
eclipse IDE and Visual Studio's
IntelliSense, eCompletion offers productivity and fun to
the Smalltalk programmer.
- Works with existing Browsers, Debuggers and
- All actions can be controlled by keyboard, no need
to use the mouse.
- Lists instance variables, temporary variables,
arguments, block arguments, classes and selectors in a
menu. The list is narrowed by the characters you type
while the menu is open. Variables or selectors are not
shown if not appropriate.
- With the help of the Shout Parser, eCompletion
"knows" your editing position. Only the right choices
are presented in the completion menu.
- span(newfeature). New in 3.0! Menu items are
colored with the Shout syntax coloring rules.
- New in 3.0! Character completion: When you
open a bracket, curly bracket, parentheses, single- or
double quote the closing character is entered
- When a completion is requested, the receiver of the
message is determined. This may be a constant or any
variable. The type of the receiver is evaluated, too.
If it can be found out, the menu shows only selectors
of the receiver class and displays a title at the left
hand side of the menu. more...
- New in 3.0! Integration with the award
wining RoelTyper framework for instance variable type
- New in 3.0! Detail window that shows more
information about the selected menu entry, such as type
of instance variable or method source.
- New in 3.0! Directly open a Smalltalk
browser on the selected menu entry.
- When completing the first word of a method, then
you get an override completion menu. It shows all
selectors of the superclass that are not implemented in
the selected class of the browser.
- Support for OmniBrowser
- New in 3.0! Full paging support in the
- New in 3.0! Online help about keyboard
- Works in squeak 3.8 and 3.9a